The Hoover FH50150 Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer sold extremely well in the US 2014, and it is still doing very well in 2015. What are the reasons for that, and is it really that good?
It is a lightweight cleaner weighing only 19 pounds, which may appeal to some, and the price is quite low, which probably appeals to everybody.
The reason for its popularity is probably its fair price coupled with great reviews all over the net.
This carpet cleaner is included in our comparison of the three best budget carpet cleaners, which you can read here: “Comparing the Best Budget Carpet Cleaners”.
How is it Designed?
The Hoover carpet washer has plenty of handles, which makes it convenient to carry up and down stairs to clean your home easily. It also has removable brushes and nozzles.
It is easy to fill with water and cleaning solution, and its design makes it just as easy to empty and refill.
These removable parts not only simplify your cleaning chores, but they also make it easier when it comes time to store and clean the actual carpet cleaner.
The Hoover FH50150 holds one gallon of clean water and one gallon dirty water. But, you won’t have to worry about running out of water during your cleaning project because this washer has a water indicator that tells you when it is time to empty and refill. It also has a quick dryer that reduces the drying time of your carpet.
The Hoover FH50150 also has these other features:
It has SpinScrub, which is a system that has plenty of brushes that move in a constant 360 degree counter rotating motion. This motion cleans a wider area of carpet. This feature is exclusive to Hoover, and it is very efficient, and makes it simpler to clean hard to remove pet stains.
- The Hoover FH50150 has tanks for both clean and dirty water, and they are convenient and simple to use.
- It is equipped with automatic detergent mixing, which ensures that there is always a right balance of water and detergent to get the job done.
- It has rinse technology that allows you to clean carpeted surfaces with soap, but then you can select a rinse option that will only use water to get rid of the remaining soap residue.
It has a DualV nozzle which is designed to make sure that there is an adequate amount of suction for tough stains.
- There will always be those tiny spots that are hard to get into, and most cleaning equipment is too large to access those areas. However, this Hoover cleaning machine has a crevice tool that makes it simple to clean and suck up dirt from tight spots such as the family room sofa or from up under the seats of the family car.
- It has an upholstery tool that makes it much easier to clean stairs and other places that are difficult to clean because they are not that accessible. With a tool that is eight feet long, you will have a longer reach to get to problematic areas.
If you are going to clean a full house you will need to refill it quite often, as the tank is not that large. It has a 2 year warranty, which is OK, but could be better.
How Does it Compare to Other Budget Friendly Options in its Class?
The Hoover FH50150 is a great budget option when you need to clean your carpets at a good price. Another cleaner in the same category and price class is the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Washer with Clean Surge (F5914900). They have many of the same features such as powerful spin scrub brushes, attachments to clean the harder to reach places, a 20 ft cord and an 8 ft hose.
However the Power Scrub Deluxe does have an option for automatic detergent mixing. And customers seem to complain about the need to refill the smaller tanks of the SteamVac quite often. The advantage of the SteamVac is its Clean Surge feature, that lets you spray more detergent on tough stains, a feature you cannot find on the Hoover Power Scrub.
Design Ease of Use Efficiency Accessories Help & Support Our Overall Rating Average
Here is an instructional video on how to use the carpet cleaner:
Want to look at another carpet cleaner?
Have you tried Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer, FH50150? Please give us your thoughts about it in the comments! It will help others :).