There is a spraying crevice tool, a stain tool and a stair tool. This budget carpet cleaner is powerful enough for most households, and because of its relatively small size, it can be used by almost anyone.
- Can be used to clean carpets, stairs and upholstery
- Capable of removing old and stubborn stains
- Lightweight, yet featuring a relatively large tank
- A great price to quality ratio
- A basic but powerful carpet shampooer
- The cleaning tools are easy to attach and to use
Customers that have purchased the Bissell DeepClean Essential 8852 seem to give it very positive reviews.
A couple of shortcomings need to be mentioned, though most buyers seems satisfied with the cleaner:
- Some users report that the Bissell DeepClean Essential seems to leave the carpets a bit too wet, and needs a lengthy drying period
- This is a pretty basic carpet cleaning machine, and it lacks many of the functions of the more advanced models.
How does It Compare to Other Carpet Cleaners?
The Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge, F5914900 is one of the main competitors for Bissell DeepClean Essential. The two fall within the same appliance range and here’s how they compare to each other.
The price difference between the two machines is negligible but the Hoover SteamVac is somewhat smaller – the machine measures 19.5 by 29.5 by 14.25 inches. Its weight is 20 pounds.
Hoover SteamVac has a tank capacity of one gallon and the machine is equipped with a 20-foot power cord. Bissel DeepClean Essential has the same tank capacity, but you can use it further from the power socket, which is handy when you clean a big house.
When it comes to the cleaning process itself, Hoover SteamVac has one innovative and unique feature – the Clean Surge functionality. It enables you to spray extra cleaning solution for spot treatment of dirty carpet areas. The machine also comes with patented spinscrub brushes on all sides and two brush speed control settings.
Both of these budget carpet cleaners offer an excellent price to quality ratio, both come from very reputable companies, and you cannot really go wrong with either one.
Design Ease of Use Efficiency Accessories Help & Support Our Overall Rating
Want to look at another carpet cleaner?
Do you own the BISSELL DeepClean Essential 8852? Please give us your thoughts about it in the comments! It will help others :).